Current COVID-19 Alert Level:New Zealand is currently on Alert Level 2
- have no more than 100 people
- keep high hygiene standards
- record attendees to ensure contact tracing can be conducted if necessary.
You shouldn’t participate in any gatherings if you have COVID-19 symptoms or if you need to be in isolation for any reason.
Pacific Peoples Daily Bulletin
The latest information and advice for our Pacific communities in the last 24 hours.
For a summary of all the Pacific Peoples Daily Bulletin click here
Ministry of Health key messages
- COVID-19 is mostly spread through droplets in sneezes and coughs, so the best way to stop it spreading is by staying home when you’re sick, sneezing and coughing into your elbow, and washing your hands with soap (and drying them well).
- If you are concerned and would like to seek medical advice, Healthline has a dedicated COVID-19 number 0800 358 5453 which is free and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Travel advisories are under close review so please check the Safe travel website as well as the IATA Travel Centre website if you have any upcoming international travel.
- Visit the Ministry of Health website for the latest advice and updates here
COVID-19 update for our NZ Pacific Community
Episode 6, 28 May 2020
CDEM Group 0800 numbers for essential supplies
0800 numbers have been set up if you are out of supplies and struggling to get basic food
Essential household supplies
If you don’t have the essentials you need to get through lockdown (such as food, over-the-counter medication or cleaning supplies), in the first instance please try calling a:
- family member who lives nearby
- friend who lives nearby
- or, check the availability for shopping online.
If these options are not available to you, then please call your local Civil Defence Emergency Management (CDEM) Group using the following 0800 numbers and email addresses.
This service is intended for people and whānau who don’t have any other options available to them.
The service operates seven days a week from 7am to 7pm.
|Northland||0800 790 791|
|Auckland||0800 222 296|
|Waikato||0800 800 405|
|Bay of Plenty||0800 884 222|
|Hawke’s Bay||0800 422 923|
|Tairāwhiti||0800 653 800|
|Taranaki||0800 900 077|
|Manawatū-Whanganui||0800 725 678.|
|Wellington||0800 141 967|
|Marlborough||03 520 7400|
|Nelson||0800 50 50 75|
|Canterbury||0800 24 24 11|
|West Coast||03 900 9329|
|Otago||0800 322 4000|
|Chatham Islands||03 3050033 ex 715|